Bullying Aggression and Sexual Harassment
Gene Bedley’s Bullying Prevention Seminar is loaded with solutions and strategies to impact the most challenging kids and help personnel with the skills and wisdom needed to be successful in todays atmosphere! Gene Bedley’s Proven and portable ideas and “Code for The Road” have changed the culture in thousands of schools. His work in Value Driven, Value Based Education brought him national attention including being chosen as the National Outstanding Educator of the Year and receiving the prestigious National Milken Educator Award from California. Gene Bedley is Currently the Executive Director for the National Character Education Center and the National Development Director for the Rachel’s Challenge Organization.
40 Solutions and Strategies
1. Purifying the problem
2. Need for a clear district policy
3. Disrespecting, Demeaning, Discrediting, are not new!
4. Identifying the contributing factors of Bullying
5. It matters more which family a child comes from than any single factor.
6. Indicators that predict bullying behavior.
7. Envy is #1Major Contributing Factor.
8. What an adult does before the behavior occurs, largely determines the behavior that will happen!
9. Transparency enhances relationships!
10. Recognize the Power of words!
11. Need for locus of Control Skills. (Adult Responses )
12. Begin with Clear reference points for behavior.
13. Promote Responsibility -The Foundational Value!
14. Families(Gangs) fulfill Basic Needs
15. Discipline Plan needs to focus on Replacement Behavior and options.
16. Enlarging the Margin of Others.
17. Bullying Behavior is Caused.
18. Restorative Justice is powerful in working with Teens.
19. Overlooked Contributing Factor “Inflated Self”
20. Need to identify everyone’s role.
21. Need for accurate documentation. Report It!
22. Practicing Procedures Changes Behavior.
23. Kids need on-going Affirmation.
24. Create an Environment where everyone belongs.
25. Center your training around PMA.
26. Recognize the critical importance of
27. Need for specific skill training in “Bullying Prevention”
28. Promote and practice the “Golden Rule”.
29. Creating bigger hearts not just bigger heads!
30. Promote ongoing Character Lessons for Life.
31. Kids need reminders more than they need to be informed!
32. Kids having Trouble or trouble making it?
33. We need to support kids with bold visions.
34. It only takes a spark to get a fire going.
35. Poor choices can impact you for life!
36. The consequences for choices are often unknown.
37. Look for and capture the defining moments.
38. Keeping our agreements in a world that does not keep their agreements.
39. The only antidote to mass forces of fear are mass forces of Love expressed through Kindness.
40. Are we making an Impact or an Impression?
© 2012 Gene Bedley Bullying, Aggression and Sexual Harassment Seminar