Sound familiar? When kids say these things what are the typical adult
responses? I listed 9 responses below to help you respond in a calm and
meaningful way. It’s not so much what you say as the manner in which you
say it. Try not to personalize kids comments but rather move on to the
important things you want kids to learn and become.
A gentle answer turns away wrath!
1. You can’t make me!
1. I can’t make anybody do anything but I can persuade you!
2. No! I’m not going to do it!
2. For the entire day? Two days? The whole week? Forever?
3. I hate you!
3. Ouch! That hurts!
4. I hate this stupid school!
4. Good grief!
5. You never listen to me!
5. Tell it to my ear I want to hear
( big huge ear I hang in my class)
6. You make me sick!
6. I’m perfectly comfortable with that
7. I don’t care!
7. You matter to me!
8. Do I have to do this?
8. Get to!
9. You suck!
9. Not even close. Nice try!