Please list a role model you admire or inspires you.
What would you list as your major character traits? In other words describe yourself as a best friend that really knows you would describe you. (ie Responsible, Respectful, Cooperative etc.)
Are you a role model to someone younger than you or seen as a role model by one of your family members? Please describe below.
List two reasons why you need role models in your life.
Make a list of 50 role models and list 3 criteria you used for selecting them on your list. Use the back of this paper to write your names.
Role Model Criteria
Do you feel any of these criteria are worth achieving in your life?
Peer Role Models
Kids need real-life role models rather than larger-than-life heroes. If you take a constructivist view, that would imply that kids ought to be helped to identify positive role models from among the people they know.
We learn by studying the lives of society’s role models, the famous people. The role models that influence us most are the people we have known personally. Parents, siblings, family , friends, teachers, coaches, scout leaders, ministers, doctors, mentors and even peers can be the most powerful role models for ourselves and our children.
1. What qualities do kids look for in peer role models?
2. Which kids do you look up to and why?
3. Not all role models are positive, of course. What are the consequences of adopting negative role models?
4. What’s the difference between a role model and a hero?
5. Discuss how important it is to be personally acquainted with one’s role models.
6, For whom might you be a role model, and in what ways?
– Gene Bedley