There isn’t a day goes by that there is an Ethical Dilemma that students are challenged to revealed their opinion. This Character Lesson for Life invites all students to express their opinion by throwing 2¢ into a box in front of the classroom. Identify a group of 3 judges from your class to determine which opinion includes the most compassion, most thoughtful, most positive for all those involved in facing the dilemma in their life.
Possible Dilemmas might be:
1) Only person that takes a position to support a new initiative/idea or classroom procedure.
2) Secretly borrowing money from a selfish parent with intent to pay money back.
3) PDA -Public display of affection that makes others feel uncomfortable.
4) Habitually late for a number of classes may mean literally stealing from others because of disrupting the class when entering the room.( reducing learning time of others)
5) Belittling others by identifying them with any number of labels such as nerds, spastic, idot or some ethnic slur!
6) When you feel rejected adopt elevated language like “Reject Rejection ”
7) Propose to your teacher (s) the importance of giving as much credit for good questions as good answers!
© 2015 Gene Bedley