Important Points About Values in Action!
- A program, on 7 Core Ethical Values, that teaches Bedrock Ethics or Super Values!
- AII 7 values are found on the body which are used for reference point for school’s discipline program!
- Program is presented to kids through Annual Values Themes. When you have an all-year theme, it is not labor intensive for teachers, plus kids remember the values based on our 20 years research.
- Value Venture Steps provide self-help in use of ideas. Guides can be used as an exclusive program or resource for Ethics Education!
- Respect and Responsibility workshops are available complete with comprehensive seminar guides for teachers.
- Program includes:
- Code of Ethics
- 11 rules to Relate
- Monday Memos
- Daily Learning Pledge
- Respect Workshop for Kids
- Theme Bulletin Boards
- Test of Respect
- Respect Records
- Respect Reports
- Integrity Creed
- Character’s Character
- Character Covenant
- Ethic Forum Issues, and Essays
- and dozens of more activities!
Comprehensive Ethics Guide K-12 (425 pages) for the Principal or Coordinator to implement the ideas in your school. The program is currently being used as an exclusive program, or to supplement the local district’s efforts in Ethics Education.
Powerpoint Computer Slide Show for Parent Orientation, School Site Reviews, or for your Board of Education. (IBM and Mac Formats available.) The Best Total review of the program for you and your staff.
Activities -created, implemented, and proven successful in schools for over 20 years: 20 years of school based ethics longitudinal research. In other words, the children have been followed into their adult lives, then asked what made a difference in their schooling. Their answer — VALUES !
A multiple year program that teaches children to make ethical decisions beginning with a Student Code of Ethics and School Rules that include ethics.
Enthusiastic support from all parents. Parents refer to the program as a curriculum for life. Parents have been instrumental in bringing the program to several hundred of our schools and assisting the schools in implementation.
Guide includes Parent Refrigerator Posters and Parent Letters which enable both teachers and parents to send kids one message: “We Care about how you behave! ”
Annual Ethics Themes focused on 7 core ethical values all related to the body. This enables the children to remember these values for a lifetime; it also provides clear Reference Points for School Discipline. Values in Action! has received several National Awards, including The Milken Family Foundation Award ($25,000 award) 1994 for developing Value Centered People. This program is currently being used in over 1000 schools — at the Elementary, Middle and High School level — with the same success. When kids start asking … “Is it the ethical thing to do?” … you know you’ve made an impact!
“Time and time again I have turned to your materials, your books, your school program “Values in Action!”, and your newsletter when I need guidance and focus. Although I have stacks of other materials, it is yours to which I turn first and last. I suppose you could say that they speak to me. Your approach – no frills, no fancy psychobabble, no flavor of the month methodology, no fluff – is refreshing.”
Character Education Coordinator