We’ve all experienced rejection and loss in our lives and the feelings that are associated with being “Turned Down” As we examine our reaction to rejection I would suggest the following ideas to assist and strengthen you when you encounter rejection in your life.
1. Reject Rejection- If you know you’ll experience rejection yet you feel your ideas are valuable be prepared to move beyond the rejection to accomplish your goals.
2. Failure is no more a permanent condition than success! While you’ll want to probe and attempt to clarify the reason for the rejection, it’s important to see it as only a brief moment in time.
3. Focus on what remains and is in fact not the loss or rejection you feel. Recognizing what you are blessed with strengthens and moves you forward.
4. Examine your own Attitudes and Intentions. How you present yourself and your ideas can always be refined and improved. Introspection skills are an invaluable tool in personal growth.
5. You have no control over others response to your proposals. The rejection may have nothing to do with the quality of your proposal. Avoid personalizing the rejection.
6. Turn it over to your creator. He knows what it’s like to be rejected, discredited, disrespected and abandoned. Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you!